There’s a global trend for surrounding oneself with nature and this is a great interior design concept, using natural items, and in this article, we will give you a few ways to make your home more serene and tranquil by adding some natural elements.
- Plants & Florals – You can introduce many shades of green, brown and yellow using plants and flowers, and with a leading supplier of all things natural such as Karma Living, you can shop for many other great natural items that include crystals. You can create hanging string netting that can be placed on an exterior wall, or even in one of the corridors, and there are many species of indoor plants that would grace this space.
- Scented Candles – We often overlook the fact that scent plays a large part in creating a warm and inviting ambience, and with scented candles, the air will always smell sweet and fresh, while pine, sandalwood and other natural fragrances will have a calming effect.
- Himalayan Salt Lamp – The naturally formed salt crystals have formed over millions of years, and with a USB rechargeable backlight, your lounge will always have that comforting glow, and with online suppliers of natural products that are beneficial to our well-being, you can shop in comfort.
- Dreamcatchers – They look great and are supposed to catch your bad dreams and have a natural appeal when hung in a corner. There are online suppliers of scented candles, dreamcatchers and crystal stones and with an extensive range to suit all tastes, there is bound to be something just right.
- Dried Grass – Reeds and dried grasses are a great way to introduce some nature, plus the textures really do add a new dimension and with rattan basket vases, you can create a nice corner in your lounge, with a salt lamp in the background.
- Natural Laundry Baskets – Inexpensive and very durable, you can replace those plastic ones with something that is both functional and appealing to the eye. They are light, strong and come in a range of styles and materials. The kids can each have one that they can keep in the corner of their rooms and a couple extra, as they are very useful, and natural storage goes with the concept.
- Rattan Furniture – The ultimate for the natural home, there are many online suppliers of fine, hand-woven furniture and with washable cushions, your suite will always remain clean and fresh. There are many shades of beige and brown and this would be a real statement piece, with a solid timber floor, of course, and a rattan 3-piece suite would last you for many years.
All of the above are just a few ways that you can make your home more natural, which, in turn, has beneficial effects on our well-being and the fashion that is likely to continue is one that celebrates nature. The home environment will be a lot healthier and this will benefit all of the family in more ways than one.